Beaches near S'Algar

Accommodation & Restaurant info for S'Algar and Cala Alcaufar resort area.
cat-lee

Beaches near S'Algar

Post by cat-lee » April 6th, 2011, 8:50 pm

We are finally having our first family holiday abroad this year In August (yay) and have picked S'Algar - can anyone recomend some easy beaches/coves to get to - ideally on good public transport.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Beaches near S'Algar

Post by Slartibartfast » April 7th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Hi Cat-Lee and welcome to the site.

Menorca is blessed with glorious beaches but not good public transport. I'm not sure if there is a service to S'Algar at all. The nearest small beach is at Cala Alcaufar about a 10 mins walk along the coast line [more info http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/menorca/salgar.php ]

Punta Prima is a much better beach but it's 6Km by road or 40 - 60 minutes walk along the coast [More info http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/menorca/pu ... enorca.php ]
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

cassie99
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by cassie99 » April 7th, 2011, 8:42 pm

There are buses from Salgar, but if you want to go to a nice beach, you will have to start quite early in the day. All buses go down to Mahon from where you can just get to anywhere on the island, in fact, I think the bus service on Menorca is excellent.
Once you are down in Mahon, the world is your oyster. Go for it, I thoroughly recommend it, you could go to a different beach every day.

Of course, as Slarty said, the small beach at Cala Alcaufar, just a short walk away is pretty good, there is a small hotel right there on the beach where you can sit with a coffee or a beer. Heaven.

18jsm
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by 18jsm » April 7th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Hi

S'Algar has got a bus service about 4 services in the morning and 4 in the afternoon to Mahon. You could get off in Sant Lluis and connect to Punta Prima or binibecca (depending on timings) or you could go through to mahon and connect to the main resorts on the island.

Don't know why the service does not appear on the timetable but I can assure you it has run for at least the last 20 years during the season.

John
John

cat-lee

Post by cat-lee » April 8th, 2011, 9:12 pm

thankyou all so much - I'm glad I found your site.

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » April 17th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Hi, Im going back about 4 years but there was a bus service from the Hotel Salgar to Punta Prima a couple of tmes a day. You may be able to get more information if you email the hotel. Hope you have a lovely time there, we always have :smile: