Restaurante Salitre and others

Sponsored by El Faros restaurant. Accommodation & Restaurant info for Binibequer, Cala Torret and Binissafuller area.
jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Restaurante Salitre and others

Post by jhold » July 4th, 2016, 2:52 pm

Does anybody have any reviews of Salitre, the new restaurant in Cala Torret where Carmen used to be? I managed to get there once last September and it was very nice. Just wondering if anybody else has had any good experiences. We're so spoiled for choice in Cala Torret now, does anybody know how all the other places are doing (DP, Taverna Del Corso, El Faro, Na Rosa, Pedros, Sa Cova, Paupa etc)?

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Restaurante Salitre and others

Post by Sunseaker » July 4th, 2016, 9:44 pm

:???: Can't speak for the others but El Faro so far has had a good year as they did last year, because we have known Andreas and Anita for 30 years we always eat there when over that way. :grin:
I only let him think he's in charge.

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » July 5th, 2016, 1:05 pm

Indeed. El Faro has never let us down. Lovely people. We'll certainly be making an appearance there when we're over.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 5th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Salitre, (Carmen) has always looked to be quite busy when we've been to El Faros and I had thought of trying it but .... being next door to Andreas makes it difficult.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by bini-lizard » July 5th, 2016, 2:17 pm

I totally agree, we used it a few times a few years back but imagine making eye contact with Andreas just as you loaded a piece of bread with Alioli!

My wife took a crowd of her mates to El Faro for her 40th last year, cake iced especially with her picture and name, champaigne, flowers, not charged a centimo for it. How can I ever go nextdoor?! :toasting:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » July 5th, 2016, 2:53 pm

:grin: AWW How lovely, that will have made it extra special. :grin:

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by bini-lizard » July 5th, 2016, 3:08 pm

It was very special, made her weekend. Took me half hour to text to own up that I hadn't arranged it!

Last September my Mum and Dad mentioned who they were and got kissed on both cheeks by the whole family including being taken into the kitchen where Juanita was cooking as ever!

It'll be our first stop in 24 days time

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » July 5th, 2016, 3:13 pm

:grin: Our daughter and I will be popping in to see them in less than two weeks as daughter has known them since she was 12, she is now 42 and insists we pop in to say hello, young Andreas always sends her a kiss and asks after her and reminds us she gave him a music cassette about 27 years ago and he still has it :lol: :lol:

Spiceman

Post by Spiceman » July 24th, 2016, 8:09 am

Salitre, is fantastic. We ate there late last year and returned last night. Melt in the mouth belly pork, octopus and potato skewars, Tagliatelle with sobrasada and prawns and black rice with seafood, all cooked very competently.
Order a couple of plates each and that should be enough, last year we noticed couples were ordering maybe 5 or 6 dishes between them, but this year portion size has increased as confirmed by the hosts.
Santa Rita in Plaza Bastion is still my number 1, but Salitre is pushing it close.

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » July 27th, 2016, 11:20 am

Thank you for the review!! Sounds great. We went last year as well and it was excellent. Glad to hear that they're maintaining their standards.