Any one for Avatars

Having trouble posting, Forum not behaving, Not sure where to post, and all other forum related questions.
Montple
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Anyone for avatars?

Post by Montple » October 4th, 2005, 10:16 pm

Yes, Susie, I can see that the possibilities for anagrams are endless...hours of fun available there. But what's the derivation of the name? It sounds vaguely rude....Reckon I should say Mr Boss, too. He obviously knows what he's doing with this website! :grin:

By the way, how was the new job? Sounds like you have to travel a long way....but at least you're not too tired to sit down at the computer and cheer us up.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » October 4th, 2005, 10:26 pm

"Life, The Universe, and Everything

Alongside Zaphod Beeblebrox, astrophysicist Tricia McMillian (Trillian to her friends), Arthur Dent and Marvin the Paranoid Android, Slartibartfast stands supreme. A planet designer from Magrathea his favourite thing is designing fjiords. Slartibartfast designed planet earth for the mice, building a giant computer that is designed to discover the question that gives the answer to the meaning of life."

Or for the full low down try here http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/g ... fast.shtml

SteveC :cool:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

SusieH

Post by SusieH » October 4th, 2005, 10:26 pm

You'll have to ask Steve for the reasons for his name - all to do with some weird TV programme :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

And I won't bore you with me job here, I've put in a couple of posts somewhere else on the site, don't ask where, I've forgotten already ... haddled brain I'm afraid :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Montple
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Anyone for avatars?

Post by Montple » October 4th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Sorry, Mr Boss, I was never a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide, so didn't recognise the name. Thanks for the explanation, though.

'Night, all.