The Castle

Accommodation & Restaurant info for this resort area.
Annhubble
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

The Castle

Post by Annhubble » February 23rd, 2018, 6:24 pm

Came out for a few days last week and was delighted to find The Castle was open Sunday evening :toasting: four very happy people :smile: :smile:

rushstag
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: The Castle

Post by rushstag » February 24th, 2018, 9:59 am

Very underrated restaurant, I’ve always thought. The meals we have there are always in the top 3 we have in Calan Porter every year.

The combination of choice, value and quality of their €17 set menu is hard to beat.

10 weeks on Friday .....🌞

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » February 24th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Yes, we don't go often enough but I have always rated this place and will have to overrule the boss next time we are in Cnp.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » February 24th, 2018, 9:34 pm

On our last visit, a couple of weeks ago, it was the only place open - except the Chinese (IMHO - a no-no). I always seem to have a problem with their sauces on the steaks or pork chops etc. - always seem to be cold, which soon turns the rest of the plate cold. Veggies can be a bit watery. So this time I went for the fish, I had the grilled Sole - really nice. :smile: :smile:

It was open midweek - so a handy option if you don't want to travel out of the resort.

Dave

Swainy
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Swainy » February 25th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Great to read these reports, thanks everyone. Never tried it yet but will certainly visit during the two weeks we are over from Good Friday. Hopefully a few other places maybe opening up aswell. :grin:

Napper
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Napper » February 25th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Big favourite of ours. The set menu is such good value plus very friendly staff.