May-June visit report

Accommodation & Restaurant info for this resort area.
sandimas
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

May-June visit report

Post by sandimas » June 5th, 2018, 7:42 am

Just got back from our regular Whitsun holiday visit to CnP so here's a quick report.

This is the 8th consecutive year we've done this, flying in I've never seen it so green: looks like they've had a lot of regular rain. Speaking to the locals they've had a pretty bad/long winter and it's only just starting to improve. Having said that, weather-wise it was a great week, one of the better ones with temps around 24/25C most days. 3 hours of persistent rain on Sun afternoon and a few showers on Sat, but that was it. Beats having to put the villa heating on in previous years. Swam in the (heated) pool twice a day. Resort was busy but not as busy as last year, first time we've been into a restaurant and been asked if we'd booked.

El Pulpo continues to be our favourite for eating out: we're more fish-eaters and he has a little blackboard out with a few fish-of-the-day on it, plus the usual menu: black rice continues to be our favourite. Went in Samoa, also very good, especially the plate of fish for two. Tapas in Casa Tia, even more on the menu this year and superb as ever. And went back to Club Menorca, just called in for drinks but the evening was so clear we decided to stay and ate - service much better these days, now that he's got some help.

Out and about we did our usual road trip just picking places off the map. Ended up in the lovely Es Grau and Bar Es Moll for lunch: seems like it's been sold since our last visit 2 years ago so the amazing plate of grilled cuttle fish was no longer on the menu. But we still had a lovely fish lunch.

End of an era for us: GCSEs looming and our daughter doesn't want to visit next year (we had to take a suitcase of study books this year). So not sure when out next visit will be, but still loving the island so we will be back.

missy82
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: May-June visit report

Post by missy82 » June 5th, 2018, 11:01 am

Glad to hear Club menorca is on the up, the views are beautiful there its one of my fiance's favourite views. (We do love the tapas there)

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 5th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Thanks for sharing about you hols. Great stuff. :finga:

Alan
:cool:

dixy
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by dixy » June 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Only 3 weeks till we are back on the island and I really cant wait. just out of interest which restaurant were you asked if you had booked?

sandimas
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by sandimas » June 7th, 2018, 5:17 pm

dixy wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm
just out of interest which restaurant were you asked if you had booked?
El Pulpo.

It's always been a favourite of ours and has just been getting better and better each year, with the fresh fish board (not noticed it in previous years) it seems to be attracting even more customers and was pretty much full on Sunday evening (which was unusual as many Brits out for half term had already gone home).

Napper
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Napper » June 10th, 2018, 7:27 am

Lovely report and we defo want to try the may holiday in the coming years. Any updates on seagram's?

mark993targa
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by mark993targa » June 10th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Seagrams has changed hands and is now called Oscars didn't eat there as it opened Night before we left , but a review on Facebook said food was good.

Napper
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Napper » June 10th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Thanks Mark, I was hoping it wasn't true and I could still visit seagrams in august. I'm gutted!

missy82
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by missy82 » June 12th, 2018, 11:56 am

what is the link to oscars on facebook I cant seem to find it

mark993targa
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by mark993targa » June 13th, 2018, 8:54 am

Missy82 - haven’t seen a Facebook page for Oscars, there was a photo of food and comment on Expats Menorca .