Tiger mosquito

Accommodation & Restaurant info for this resort area.
dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Tiger mosquito

Post by dream.island » October 11th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Anyone else being eaten alive . Never known it to be so bad.

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Tiger mosquito

Post by Shuggie » October 11th, 2018, 6:54 pm

My wife always gets completely destroyed by they. Lots in the news about the problems this summer and particularly this autumn. Not really sure anything can be done. This summer, during July, was particularly bad for black fly’s and wasps as well.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

SM17
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by SM17 » October 12th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Been over for a few visits this summer and have come back with numerous bites...…

Never known it to be like this before and ouch do they hurt!!

Back tomorrow so hopefully they've all disappeared for the winter - fingers crossed

Marysal
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Marysal » October 12th, 2018, 3:21 pm

I also got bitten alive this year on my six visits and the mossies were vicious!

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » October 12th, 2018, 7:11 pm

I am very fortunate that I have never been bitten, maybe because I have to take Antihistamine tablets every day (365) and I know we go on about it but Avon skin so soft body oil spray the blue/green one really does work.
I only let him think he's in charge.

hylton boy
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by hylton boy » October 12th, 2018, 7:38 pm

My wife always came home well and truly bitten.She was told by our local chemist to take one vitamin B tablet
Every day. Starting Seven days before the holiday and then for every day of the holidays and she's never been bitten this began about sixteen years ago.Give it a go it's a cheap option evidently the don't like the taste of vitamin B.

Duffer
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Duffer » October 13th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Sunseeker, can I ask about the Skin So Soft? I’ve heard about this for years but never got around to using it because I hardly ever get bitten but this year June and September I got the kind of bites that fill up with some kind of liquid and take ages to go then leave a scar.
With the Skin So Soft, do you use it after morning shower as a moisturizer then put sun lotion on top of it?

ireay
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » October 13th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Duffer wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Sunseeker, can I ask about the Skin So Soft? I’ve heard about this for years but never got around to using it because I hardly ever get bitten but this year June and September I got the kind of bites that fill up with some kind of liquid and take ages to go then leave a scar.
With the Skin So Soft, do you use it after morning shower as a moisturizer then put sun lotion on top of it?
We’ve only ever been bitten at night so would spray after evening shower, before going out to dinner and again before bed.smells so much better than mozzie repellent One thing spray carefully it makes the floor pretty slippery

Duffer
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Duffer » October 14th, 2018, 5:30 am

Thanks Ireay

caroliner
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by caroliner » October 14th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Duffer, As Skin So Soft is a dry oil spray I wouldn't recommend wearing it in the sun. I usually spray after my evening shower before heading out. It does have to be the blue/green one as the pink doesn't work. I still get the occasional bite, usually on a spot that I've missed, but I always carry a sting pen and if you apply it to the bite quickly enough, it doesn't come to anything.
Maybe we're just lucky, but the family has been out three times this summer and we've had no problems.

Carol