Air Conditioning Units

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
Globetrotter
Support Team
Support Team

Air Conditioning Units

Post by Globetrotter » December 19th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to install Air Conditioning in a small villa. Has anyone else had this done, if so some recommendations and dos/don'ts would be appreciated. :grin:

Considering bringing one out from the UK, as I can source a unit with the cooling capacity I'd like very reasonably, so recommendations on a fitter/tradesman also gladly received.

Thanks,

Dan :cool:
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

ciaran
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: Air Conditioning Units

Post by ciaran » December 19th, 2015, 10:39 pm

I have aircon in the main bedroom only at the moment, but I'm waiting for a price to get aircon in all the bedrooms, I'm planning for each unit to have its own extractor, I'm waiting for a price for aircon on its own , or units that also heat, it was also mentioned on this site about using an air source heat pump, I'm over in mid Feb, so hoping it would be all installed by then, :smile:
The next Moderator

Globetrotter
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Globetrotter » December 20th, 2015, 6:05 pm

The heat pump units are what I've been looking at - they do seem like a good option. Plus the dehumidifying setting will be invaluable.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » December 20th, 2015, 6:51 pm

I do know someone in Es Castell who is a AC engineer. I thought I had is number in my phone but don't. His name is Rolland, if the number turns up I'll message you.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

clubjoker
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by clubjoker » January 6th, 2016, 6:19 pm

For anyone looking at options for heating, cooling and insulation, I highly recommend reading this, for a clear explanation with unbiased real world assessments of the effectiveness of different options.

"Without hot air"
http://www.withouthotair.com/c21/page_146.shtml

Air source heatpumps seem like a great option for Menorca, perhaps to work together with a central wood-burning stove.

The rest of the book (all on the website, for free) is great too.

Grandy
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Air Conditioning installation

Post by Grandy » October 22nd, 2018, 11:27 pm

Hi all,
I'm in the process of buying a 3 bed villa in Binibequer. First job is to install a heatpump air con system. (nothing at all atm)
Any recommendations for equipment and especially installers welcome please?

One easy way of ordering is Amazon. This unit seems excellent value and has good reviews...
http://amzn.eu/d/0hehjMj.
Any one using one? I need up to 4 probably a multi split system.

magpie69
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by magpie69 » October 23rd, 2018, 10:28 am

Installation es Barber Gomila in Mercadal were excellent for us.

Insbago@terra.es

Bill

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » October 24th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Shuggie wrote:
December 20th, 2015, 6:51 pm
I do know someone in Es Castell who is a AC engineer. I thought I had is number in my phone but don't. His name is Rolland, if the number turns up I'll message you.
I also **know and can recommend Rolland [**There can't be more that one Rolland AC engineer??] I also believe he's an electrician too.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » October 24th, 2018, 7:00 pm

My initial post was made a while ago and now Rolland is no longer working due to a very unfortunate Stoke he suffered a couple of year back.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Grandy
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Grandy » October 24th, 2018, 10:33 pm

Thanks. All useful info noted for later!