Walking on farmland

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Walking on farmland

Post by kieronf » January 19th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Is there such a thing as a 'right to roam' on Menorca ? We have been sent particulars of a property where the agent states that to the rear of the house there is land for walking dogs/cycling........ from what I can see on Google Earth this is private land, so my question is - whether we can walk freely on uncultivated land ?

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Walking on farmland

Post by Slartibartfast » January 19th, 2016, 8:33 pm

I'm not 100% on the law but I do know that it does seem to make much difference. If the locals want to walk/cycle/whatever on your land they will.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

ladyrose

Re: Walking on farmland

Post by ladyrose » January 20th, 2016, 10:45 am

This is a question that I of all folks can answer.

After all the trouble with locals I have had over the years coming through my land with signs up everywhere that it is private. At this stage I am only short of taking out my gun and doing them in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The answer is if there are signs up saying Private do NOT cross.
I have made sure with our solicitor that our land is indeed Private and if anyone gives you any kind of trouble call the Police.

I have had stand up rows with folks and the only way I can get through to them is by saying that.
Later in the day when they are laying by their manicured lawns and pools that I will arrive with all my dogs for a dip in it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

So the straight answer to that is" do unto others as you would have them do unto you" :grin: