Buying a villa and getting Tourist License

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
cadlington
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Buying a villa and getting Tourist License

Post by cadlington » March 25th, 2019, 11:47 am

Hi, Could you please let me know how long does to get a tourist license. We are looking to get a villa in the area of Fornells, Port Addaya or Arenal den Castell. Am I right to say these areas are in the Tourist License permitted area? Thank you.

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Buying a villa and getting Tourist License

Post by kieronf » March 25th, 2019, 4:30 pm

As an aside, the whole tourist licence thing is due to be relaxed in terms of single family properties in rural areas being considered. That said, if the property you are buying already has a licence it is transferrable with the property sale - but a word of caution here. A friend of mine recently purchased rental property that had a licence from someone returning to the UK. As is the norm here, the buyer is responsible for all outstanding debts and liabilities for the property they are buying and in this particular case, he is being chased for tax due on rental earned before he even owned the place !!

cadlington
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by cadlington » March 26th, 2019, 8:00 am

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » March 26th, 2019, 8:36 am

There are to many variables to give you a definite idea about how look it takes to get a licence but if you know the cadastral number of the property you can check on the website below to find out if it’s possible to get one:

http://www.cime.es/sol/formsol.aspx?TIPO=VREF
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

cadlington
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by cadlington » March 26th, 2019, 10:37 am

That's very helpful. Thank you.