Wasps nest

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Wasps nest

Post by dream.island » August 21st, 2019, 4:38 pm

Hi, got a small wasps nest in some brickwork. Can anyone recommend a good wasp killer spray, powder or foam please?

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wasps nest

Post by Slartibartfast » August 21st, 2019, 7:24 pm

I'd take a trip to Menorca Campo [cooperative] on the Mahon poligono They'll be able to advise on a suitable product. => Google map https://goo.gl/maps/mfkL3NRuZcvSGu8q6
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » August 21st, 2019, 9:35 pm

I would just grow a pair, get the wasp spray and just blast it to f#@k, works for me :lol:
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » August 21st, 2019, 10:42 pm

Get the green Raid stuff, make sure the door is open, spray like hell then run indoors...................

dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by dream.island » August 22nd, 2019, 11:18 am

We have sprayed it 3 times over our holiday to no avail.
Last yeAr we had a similar problem in another area and 1 spraying killed them all dead. So was wondering if there is a better spray to use. Where did you get the green raid spray. We generally shop in mercadona and they did not seem to have different sprays.

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » August 22nd, 2019, 12:57 pm

dream.island wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 11:18 am
We have sprayed it 3 times over our holiday to no avail.
Last yeAr we had a similar problem in another area and 1 spraying killed them all dead. So was wondering if there is a better spray to use. Where did you get the green raid spray. We generally shop in mercadona and they did not seem to have different sprays.
Binipreu

dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by dream.island » August 22nd, 2019, 2:33 pm

Thank you

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » August 22nd, 2019, 5:34 pm

Those bloody wasps were nesting all over a hedge that I started trimming without realising they were there. The damn things bit me all over. The next day I gave the hedge a liberal spray with Green Raid and within minutes there were hundreds of the buggers dead. It also works well on most other beasties.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » August 22nd, 2019, 5:37 pm

To kill a wasps nest completely you have to get them when they are returning to the nest, this is at dusk. I have poisoned a number in my time to get the grubs for fishing. How I did it, this was with power but It should also work for spray.

Watch the nest at dusk to see exactly where they land to crawl into the nest. The following evening start to spray the landing spot and entrance as they start to come back, should be just before the sun starts setting. The idea is that they land on the poison and take it into the nest killing off any that are already in the nest plus the queen.

Disclaimer. As I said this works with power and I believe it should also work for spray, but if it doesn't don't blame me.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)