Son Bou or Cala Galdana ?.......

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
smudger
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Son Bou or Cala Galdana ?.......

Post by smudger » May 6th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Hi, We have been to Menorca a few times over past years and always stayed at Cala Blanca. We like the resort in terms of size and the fact that its not overly busy but fancy trying somewhere else this year for a change. We want somewhere fairly small but with enough restaurants and shops to have a bit of choice. We are thinking of Son Bou or Cala Galdana and would appreciate any views/comments on these resorts. Any suggestions for good self catering apartments would also be appreciated.

cheers
Smudger

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Son Bou or Cala Galdana ?.......

Post by Slartibartfast » May 6th, 2013, 10:06 pm

No resort on Menorca could be regarded as large, both Son Bou and Cala Galdana are good resorts with enough going on to keep most happy. If you contact Fede at Cala Galdana I'm sure he'll have just what you're looking for regards apartment accommodation.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » May 7th, 2013, 10:23 am

Smudger I think it depends how many of you are going and will there be kids with you?

smudger
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by smudger » May 7th, 2013, 11:56 am

Hi.Thanks for the replies....... ladyrose. will only be me and the better half... no kids this time :grin: Looking to go second week in June ...

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » May 7th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Personally, I would always choose Son Bou, although not as "upmarket" as Cala Galdana, the beach wins every time for me, particularly if you walk 5 minutes up from the section near the car park - you can be 30 metres away from the nearest other person, there is so much space. With Cala Galdana, especially in high season, the beach can be very crowded.

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » May 7th, 2013, 9:28 pm

So why did you pick Cala Galdana or Son Bou?
Sorry I just nosey :lol: :lol:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » May 7th, 2013, 9:48 pm

For me with there only being the two of you I'd tend to go to Cala Galdana, lots of bars and a couple of good hotels for evening entertainment. You don't have to be a guest to use them, just buy a drink at the bar.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Peterpjh
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Peterpjh » May 8th, 2013, 3:22 pm

SON BOU I WOULD SAY CG IS NICE BUT SON BOU FOR US

smudger
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by smudger » May 8th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Hi All, Thanks for replies , we decided on Son Bou and Calaa Galdana because of the good reviews for the resorts. We are now favouring Son Bou and have been looking at Son Bou Gardens and Jardin De Menorca......can you give any views on these apartments or recommend any others.

Many thanks

Smudger

Torre-soli-sid
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Torre-soli-sid » May 9th, 2013, 5:10 am

Smudger, Son Bou Gardens always has good reviews on here and is a ten minutes walk into the tourist area, fifteen to the fab beach and beach bars. Jardin, do you mean Hotel Jardin de Menorca? 3 outdoor pools, plus one scruffy indoor one, lovely grounds, nice breezy setting in palm trees, very low key existence with a sprinkling of night activities, nice furniture and a good shop; twenty minute walk in but there is a courtesy bus! Food apparently is good especially the load up breakfasts. The choice as they say is yours.Enjoy. P.S. Son Bou great all around choice and best ever beach,but Galdana has a bit more to do especially if you use the Audax, Hotel Cala Galdana or other hotels close to the beach, easy access. :grin: :lol: