Son Bou or Cala Galdana ?.......

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
beachstroller
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Son Bou or Cala Galdana ?.......

Post by beachstroller » May 20th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Ohhh dear personally think Son Bou much better choice ( never mind beach squeeze at Cala Blanca )

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » May 20th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Just curious: Why/what made your wife choose Cala Blanca? Where are you staying?

Always a good idea to recce other resorts if you fancy a change for next year- providing you don't end up feeling you made the wrong choice this year!

Have a great hol and let us know how it goes and where you'll be going next year!

Trevx

Bubbles91

Post by Bubbles91 » June 23rd, 2013, 7:47 pm

I think if you dont wish to leave the area in which you decide to stay, EG not hire a car, etc, I would have to be Son Bou!! More to do there than Cala Galdana, though they do have a massive gorgeous beach, if that is all you are looking for then fantastic!! But if you don't wish to explore I would go for Son Bou!! :grin:

baronromero

Re: Son Bou or Cala Galdana ? New q's pg3

Post by baronromero » February 24th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Hey, found this thread through a search and thought I'd resurrect it rather than start over.

Traveling mid Sept for two weeks with our 18month old boy and having trouble choosing between the two resorts.
Intending on booking an apartment so we can please ourselves regarding meals and washing the monsters clothes. We don't do entertainment so quiet with good eating out and a quiet pub will suffice.
We're still using a buggy so not too many steps but hills are ok.

Choice so far is Cala Galdana Playa apts or Son Bou Gardens Palm.
Last edited by baronromero on February 24th, 2016, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » February 24th, 2016, 8:37 pm

Since 2000 we started taking our two youngsters to Jardin de Menorca and they (and so we) thoroughly enjoyed the place. The food is acceptable, the on-site supermarket sells everything you might possibly need at reasonable prices and the enclosed grounds are safe and very quiet even at the peak holidays. The three outdoor pools offer a place for families with small children to gravitate together leaving two other pools for other guests.

Evening entertainment is limited, but if glitz and noise is what you are after then don't go to the JdM. Son Bou itself is a 15 min walk or there is a 'kiddy train' or courtesy bus - the choice is yours. In the town there are several 'resort' style restaurants and bars, nothing special - just the usual fare.

The star attraction is the wonderful beach - soft white sand and a gently sloping shelf to the sea. The car park can get busy but the beach is so large there is always plenty of space with no 'regimented' lines of beds etc

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday in pleasant surroundings with on-site access to hire cars, day trips etc, then I can recommend the JDM although on our last visit the place was looking a little 'tired'.

Hope this helps