Aqua park

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
Cbb677
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Aqua park

Post by Cbb677 » June 30th, 2014, 10:24 am

Good morning, on our 2 week holiday countdown have have very excitied kids and parents
Just wanted to ask where the nearest aqua park is to son bou?

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Aqua park

Post by Sue Adderley » June 30th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Hi

I'm afraid there isn't a water park near son Bou. As far as I'm aware there are a couple down the Ciutadella end of the island, one near Calan Bosch and the other near Calan Blanes.

I believe there's also a small water park at one of the all inclusive hotels in Calas Coves, near Arenal D'en Castell (which is nearer to Son Bou), but whether it's only for residents of the hotel I'm not sure, someone else may be able to answer this though.

Sue :toasting:

Georgia01
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Georgia01 » June 30th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Hi as per above the water parks are pretty good don't expect huge ones such as found in Tenerife for example, but plenty to do none the less, the resteraunt s attached to both are good value as well., slides for all ages, are daughter is 7 and she has enjoyed them since she was a tiny tot,

son bou has Two pretty good slides at the San Jamie pool complex, I think they are five eurs for six goes they seemed faster this year than other years as well' have fun wherever you go most jealous I am having wisdom teeth out over next two weeks If only I was heading back to menorca instead lol.

Enjoy :jozza:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » June 30th, 2014, 2:36 pm

The water park at Marina parc hotel, Covas Novas [not Calas Coves], near Arenal D'en Castell is open to the public. Its not hard to find as you pass it on your way into Arenal D'en Castell.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » June 30th, 2014, 4:58 pm

The slides and pools at Sant Jaime are good for an hours entertainment. It used to be our daily ritual when our son was <10 to go there for an hour after being at the beach. They're not bad value if you buy 6 or 10 rides.

Cbb677
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Cbb677 » June 30th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Thank you everyone
Is there a bus service from son bou to calan blanes? We stayed in calan blanes last year and kids loved the aqua centre and yep the food was lovely and reasonable at there restaurant.
Hope son bou is as good this year we just wanted to try somewhere different

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » June 30th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Oops yes, sorry about that! Covas Novas, Calas Covas, they all sound the same to me! :???:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 1st, 2014, 8:34 pm

Remind me not to arrange a meet with you as I doubt we be on the same side of the Island never mind the venue :lol:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » July 2nd, 2014, 2:24 pm

Haha, you're probably spot on there! :lol:

You've got to admit they do sound a bit similar though, far too many Coves/Covas going on! In fact I've never been to Calas Coves, as far as I'm aware anyway, perhaps we'll have to try and find it this year.

At least I don't get Cala Galdana and Arenal D'en Castell mixed up like my other half, now I don't understand that one at all!

:toasting:

Cbb677
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Cbb677 » July 2nd, 2014, 2:32 pm

Another thing , where is the best entertainment for the kids at night time? And sorry does anyone know about the buses between son bou and calan blanes thanks again