Son Bou - bouncy castle in the sea

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Son Bou - bouncy castle in the sea

Post by hodghegs » August 28th, 2014, 7:17 pm

The thing is out at sea a way, so it's still visible, even if you walk up to the nudist part you can see it.

I hope it gets used and encourages people to holiday there, but for me personally (not a typical British holiday maker), it's an eyesore. But I imagine that most of Menorcas tourist income comes from the 99% of people who will like this Wibit thing, so I completely understand why it has been installed.

I long for the days when I can holiday there out of season.

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » August 31st, 2014, 6:28 pm

I think it's a great idea! It's good fun for the kids (and active adults), reasonable priced for the time allowed.It's a quiet activity - no engine noise. It's based where the majority of families congregate, plenty of room on Son Bou beach as Susie says. If you are swimming in the sea you don't have to watch out for things like banana boats or jet ski's.Bring it on! :supz:

sanjaime
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by sanjaime » September 24th, 2014, 3:03 pm

We went down to Son Bou beach today as at last, after 3 days, the sun had come out... Thought we would maybe try the bouncy castle and take some photos.

Guess what - It has gone for this year.

Apparently according to the Boat Hire men they dismantled it and took it away on Monday 22nd September, while we were all watching the Red Arrows in Mahon.

The Boat Hire guys offered us a small power boat to hire for the day for 200 Euros (cheaper for a shorter time) - We decided not to take up their offer as the sea was a bit choppy !

Any one got a few pictures of the "Bouncy Castle in the Sea" they could post here ?

SJ

SusieH

Post by SusieH » September 24th, 2014, 7:28 pm

This was put on earlier in the post

http://menorca.info/menorca/local/2014/ ... rsion.html
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

sanjaime
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by sanjaime » September 24th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Thanks Susie, yes it was us who posted that link earlier, as there were no piccy's from any MenorcaTalk members.

We hoped some one had taken a few of their own photos in the summer, but nothing has showed up.

Hence we expected to take a few today and post some here, if suitable - but we were too late - It's gone already
There must be a member or two who went down to the beach in August and took a few snaps ?

The six month season is becoming only 5 months, or even less - no wonder the businesses are suffering.

SJ

SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by SonBouSymey » September 24th, 2014, 10:05 pm

.............. and no sign whatsoever of a banana boat? My daughter watched the inflatables come down whilst we were at the Red Arrows etc on Monday. Glad to see the back of the eyesore but I understand the disappointment for some and agree that things are closing earlier this year.

Quite amusing though also today to see a few bob's worth of sailing catamaran drop anchor, followed by the loading of a smallish rib with 8 personas ( certainly 4 over subscribed ) which then attempted miserably to reach shore in what today was quite a swell. The whole thing went t*ts up. Certainly lost all kudos with the gathered audience and spent the next 4 hours trying to get the outboard restarted on shore. A lesson learnt though as they made two swim back on the return journey.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » September 26th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Ooh, cringe! :shock: People underestimate how rough the Med can be! We had an 18 foot speed boat over there a few years back, but it only lasted a year before we binned it off. The sea was far too choppy most of the time, even in the summer, and with all the faffing about and the cost of the fuel it simply wasn't worth the hassle! It'll be a Sunseaker or nothing next time! :lol:

SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by SonBouSymey » September 26th, 2014, 4:33 pm

Hahaha. With full crew too I suppose with Mediterranean tans and suitable uniform. :grin:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » September 27th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Sue Adderley wrote:Ooh, cringe! :shock: People underestimate how rough the Med can be! We had an 18 foot speed boat over there a few years back, but it only lasted a year before we binned it off. The sea was far too choppy most of the time, even in the summer, and with all the faffing about and the cost of the fuel it simply wasn't worth the hassle! It'll be a Sunseaker or nothing next time! :lol:
We have a fairly big boat and found the same thing.
Weather seemed ok until we got out of the Port in Mahon and then it was a case of just turning back more times than I care to remember :sad:

everton1
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by everton1 » September 29th, 2014, 7:58 am

I have a couple of videos of the inflatable I took in August, can anyone advise how to put them on here?
Might give some people an insight to what it actually like.

Steve