Son Bou late Sept/Oct

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
Angelala

Son Bou late Sept/Oct

Post by Angelala » August 27th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Just wondering what Son Bou is like in late Sept early Oct. Are there places still be open. Will it be really quiet as seen on other posts for earlier this year as could be a trend. Just wondering as used to go in high season for many years with our children but thinking of going back next month as really like the resort.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Son Bou late Sept/Oct

Post by Sunseaker » August 28th, 2018, 2:13 pm

It would all depend on how many tourists are still there, some will close early if they think it's not worth staying open but I think there will be some that hang on until the last ones have gone, it can be a lovely time of year, quiet and peaceful and relaxing and I have swam in the sea at the end of October :smile:
I only let him think he's in charge.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » August 28th, 2018, 4:28 pm

Hi Angela

We go to Son Bou at that time every year. Most places will still be open, but the whole resort is much quieter than in the summer months, which is good if you hire a car, as you can actually park!

Depending on how many years it is since you've visited the resort, you may or may not be aware that the bowling alley and the Copacabana are now closed down (probably for good). Boni's restaurant is now an Indian, an Italian restaurant (Allesandro's) opened up next to the Irish Bar and there's a new-ish restaurant opposite the Budha Lounge (if that was there the last time you visited). But all the others bars and eating places remain the same, as far as I can remember.

The sea is usually still warm, but you can have the odd cloudy day/shower and it's cooler in the evenings, so remember to take a few layers of clothing just in case! :cool:

Sue :toasting:

Torre-soli-sid
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Torre-soli-sid » September 3rd, 2018, 7:58 pm

....and Joseph's bar is now with new owners and is called La Roca, lots of music and live dance shows...apparently! The Hawaian bar is still the in place for the teenagers and in the height of summer was still going on at 4am! :grin: