Driving information

Site news and announcements, important Menorca information
Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Driving information

Post by Slartibartfast » March 7th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Useful driving info can be found here http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/poppy/driving.php But in addition the local authorities and police are clamping down on speeding.

There are fixed speed cameras on the ME1 at Es Mercadal where the speed limit drops from 90Kph to 50 Kph, and now there is also one at Alaior.
Uncle Bert wrote:The authorities have just installed speed cameras on either side of the main road as it passes the outskirts of Alaior. This is in direct response to previous fatal accidents in that area, and is designed to slow traffic to a maximum of 90kmh through this section with 'advice' to reduce speed still further to 70kmh around the curve in the road.
In addition speeds on some roads are being reduced. I do know that the Via ronda Mahon [the ring road] has had a speed reduction from 60 Kph to 50 Kph and down to 30 Kph as you approach roundabouts. I suspect that this will not be the last one so keep your eye on your speed and the signs.

Mobile speed cameras can be and are operated on many roads through out the Island and the hefty fines are being passed on to the driver regardless of where you live.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

ladyrose

Re: Driving information

Post by ladyrose » March 8th, 2012, 9:02 am

In the paper this morning the speed camera in Alaior is starting on Saturday :rolleyes: