British teacher

miss_sunshine

British teacher

Post by miss_sunshine » May 18th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Hi,
I am a fully qualified teacher who is looking to move to Menorca in the summer. I notice there are not any british schools on the island and wondered if people there would be any demand for private tuition? I have experience delivering the national curriculum across the full primary age range.

Many thanks!

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: British teacher

Post by Sunseaker » May 19th, 2011, 7:14 pm

I am sure there would be some who would like private tuition, but I don't think you would get enough to make a living, the children learn English as soon as they reach school age here, and I expect you would have to be pretty good at Spanish too.
I wish you well if you decide to move here, but find out all you can about the cost of living, and the health care before you come, :???:
I only let him think he's in charge.

miss_sunshine

Post by miss_sunshine » May 19th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply! I wasn't really think of teaching English, more so offering tutoring english speaking students in all national curriculum subjects, english, maths, science etc.
Thanks for the advice, I shall look into the cost of living!

famous bob
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by famous bob » May 21st, 2011, 10:37 pm

International school? Now that would be very interesting. My 2 go to semi private? as their are no english speaking schools in Menorca. However my sisters kid goes to an International school on the mainland,(she lives there) but listening to her fees, they do seem a touch expensive. However, I do think there is a market in Menorca. If you need any info or if I could help, you can PM me.
Ah! This is how you do this.

miss_sunshine

Post by miss_sunshine » May 22nd, 2011, 4:44 pm

Hey!
Yes, thats what I was thinking with there not being any english speaking schools or indeed tutors that I can find via the internet. The fact that you live out there and think there might be a gap is really reassuring! Thank you for the feedback :grin:

miss_sunshine

Post by miss_sunshine » May 24th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Hi again!

I was just wondering, do you know of ayny island publications or anywhere I could advertise to make people aware of the tuition lessons I would be offering? I've googled newspapers in Menorca but nothing came back!

Many thanks!

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » May 24th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Hi there, you could always try this

http://www.menorcainfo.net/ROQUETAMAGAZINE.html

also, many English people living in Menorca are also members/visit this site so why not talk to Slartibartfast about advertising on Menorca The Guide...

good luck :razz:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » May 25th, 2011, 12:10 pm

I may be wrong (and someone will correct me I'm sure!) but I think there are two Menorcan newspapers, printed in Spanish naturally, which may be of use to you.

http://www.menorca.info
http://ultimahora.es

Good luck

Trevx

miss_sunshine

Post by miss_sunshine » June 6th, 2011, 3:18 pm

fantastic! thank you! :grin:

ortokj

Post by ortokj » October 24th, 2017, 11:43 am

Hi, did you manage to set up as a private tutor, I am looking for private tutoring for my 9 year old daughter next year in Menorca. Thanks, K