Montessori School

Harmony

Montessori School

Post by Harmony » January 31st, 2016, 11:42 pm

Hi all.

I'm new here. I'm thinking of moving to Menorca but I've noticed the lack of international schools. Are there lots of kids on the island? I was thinking that when we move, I could possibly set up an English Montessori school there but I don't know if parents would be interested. I'm asking because I'm worried that I won't be able to find a job there since I am an English pre-school teacher...

Help with any suggestions please..
Last edited by Harmony on February 1st, 2016, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Montessori School

Post by Sunseaker » February 1st, 2016, 3:29 pm

Welcome to the site, there are many children in Menorca and I think I am right in saying there is a pre school in every town, we lived near Es Castell and would often see the tiny children going off on a walk about, all holding on to a long rope :razz: whether you could find a place in one of these that would just want a teacher teaching in just English I couldn't say, we were members of Menorca/Britannia and many of the members go into various schools during term time as volunteers to speak only English to the pupils, perhaps you could contact http://www.menorcabritannia.org/ as the president of the association knows some of the teachers and may be able to help more. best of luck and hope you can find something.
I only let him think he's in charge.

samantha3767

Post by samantha3767 » July 19th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Hi Harmony, just found your post - I would love it if there was an international school in Menorca, they have quite a few in Palma. We are hoping to move next year and I'm thinking of getting a home tutor for a while so my son would be confident when entering the spanish secondary school system.
Not too sure if you are only thinking of pre-school and if you are then the other lady is right they have now pre-schools in every town - even though Montessori is brilliant - but they are good pre-schools.

Mary484

Post by Mary484 » March 26th, 2017, 11:51 am

Hi my name is Mary, looking forward to talk about Montessori school at Menorca. I feel connected about your sun seeking move. I am working in montessori school in Poland, let me know about your future school in Menorca. :rock: :partyman: :toasting:

Best Regards,
Mary

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » August 22nd, 2017, 10:01 am

Hi there, can you explain what you are looking for.
I only let him think he's in charge.

Eva

Post by Eva » March 18th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Hello there,
I am new to this forum.
I would be interested to work as an Early Childhood Assistant Teacher in a Montessori school or any international preschool.
I am certified ( Infant Toddler & Twos Teaching Program).
If the Montessori school was ever opened, ( I didn't find it on line) please keep me in mind.
Best Regards to all.
Eva