Health insurance

Oliverboliver

Health insurance

Post by Oliverboliver » February 8th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Hi I’m new to this forum. Just a quick. Question , does anybody give me some information regarding cost of health insurance thanks thinking of coming to Menorca in a few years and trying to do some sums regarding costs thanks. Dave

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Health insurance

Post by Sunseaker » February 11th, 2018, 12:19 am

Sorry you haven't had an answer, a difficult one to answer, when we lived there my husband was self employed so payed automino which was nearly 300 euro a month, the others who didn't work for themselves paid into a private insurance.
I only let him think he's in charge.

SusieH

Post by SusieH » February 11th, 2018, 1:57 am

I'm presuming this would include Menorca but there is plenty of advice if you google including this one:

https://www.expatica.com/es/healthcare/ ... 01467.html
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » February 11th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Oliverboliver wrote:
February 8th, 2018, 9:14 pm
Hi I’m new to this forum. Just a quick. Question , does anybody give me some information regarding cost of health insurance thanks thinking of coming to Menorca in a few years and trying to do some sums regarding costs thanks. Dave
Sadly, there are too many variables to provide you with a definitive answer. Factors such as age, pre-existing conditions and the level of cover required all combine to determine the premium, and, so, no two quotes can compare.

If you require cover for residency purposes, then the level of cover will need to be quite comprehensive with no co-payment options ( a cheaper policy where you pay a basic premium but then make a financial contribution for individual treatments/services as and when required), which might otherwise suit were you not looking for residency.