MENORCA LIFE BLOG Sat Jan 18, 2014

Life and times of the Menorcan Rose
ladyrose

MENORCA LIFE BLOG Sat Jan 18, 2014

Post by ladyrose » January 18th, 2014, 12:25 pm

As most of you will know there is a problem with the usual link for the Blog so it will go in here for a while.

Now where to begin :???: there have been so many things have happened since my last Blog I am trying to condense it all in here.

So I will call this Blog LIFE GOES ON.

In November Erin Michael Jack Emily the two horses and two dogs all returned to Ireland. :sad: :sad: :sad:
I must say it was one of the harder things in my life that I have had to endure.

Erin had a really good full time job Jack and Emily had settled into school and were learning Catalan at an alarming rate.
But Michael could not find work no matter how he tried. :sad:
So the decision was made to go back to Ireland. :sad: :sad: :sad:

It has taken me quite a while to pick myself up and dust myself off but, as the heading of this Blog says LIFE GOES ON.....

Brian my brother has settled in, in Alaior with his girl friend Rosella and life is moving on.
Max my new German Shepard pup is now 10 months old and the size of a house.
He is pretty scary looking by size but the worst he would do to a person is lick them to death.
Ava my older german Shepard who is 9 years old had a bad experience last week as a huge tumour had to be removed from her nether regions.To be honest when we rushed her to the vet we had already (in our heads) said goodbye.To our surprise the vet said he could remove it and she is now back home and apart from the stiches looks pretty good.The vet has told us that in a few months it will probably come back.I guess we will just have to deal with that when the time comes. :sad:

Things in Menorca are very quiet at the moment. All the hotels and things are closed with no sign of activity.
I guess it will be the end of February before they get back to work in lue of the tourist arrival in April/May.

I am already starting to plan what I will put in my veg garden this year. And within the next couple of weeks I will start planting things up in my little poly tunnel.

I have been out on the beaches quite a bit with Meg and Sue my two younger Springer Spaniels.
Taking photo's and making the most of the fact that at the moment dogs are allowed on the beaches.

I am expecting to have some exciting news in the next couple of weeks but ,for the time being MUMS THE WORD. :grin: :grin: :grin:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Re: MENORCA LIFE BLOG

Post by watta » January 18th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Great stuff Rose and omg what a number of changes. :roll: Its a shame they had to go back to Ireland, but the self esteem in not getting a job by Michael, means an awful lot to him I supoose. So he maybe better off back there, but hey ho keep the chin up, as things may turn around again for the wee ones and Erin. I hope it all works out for them eventually. :finga:

So another pup, Max, then :ele: and glad that Ava will get through her ordeal and don't worry about her until things may happen again in months ahead.

At least your brother and his gf are still about, so that helps you.

Well to another season and hopefully it and the weather will be like years gone by. So Rose keep the chin up, life goes on and all the best to the rest of the family. :supz: :supz:

Take care,

Alan
:cool:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » January 18th, 2014, 4:43 pm

thanks Alan :grin:

SusieH

Post by SusieH » January 18th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Aww sorry about Erin and Michael :sad: I know how happy you were when you knew they were coming out.

Glad the pup's growing :???: as big as a horse eh :???: :???: don't know why but Alsatians are the one dog i'm always wary of, but as you said i'm sure he is a baby :lol: :lol:

I quite like the blog in here actually, never understood why you didn't do it this way in the first place :???: :???:

Keep up the good work :finga: :finga:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » January 19th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Thank you Mrs :grin:

ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ninny pig » January 19th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Love reading your blog Rose :finga:
You only live once, so live for now, enjoy everything, regret nothing.

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » January 20th, 2014, 10:11 am

Thank you Karen it is lovely to get feed back :grin:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » January 20th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Hooray, so pleased your blog is back :grin: ...and at the top, where it belongs! :finga:

Sorry to hear your daughter and her family have returned to Ireland, you must miss them very much. How are your bro and his partner settling into being Alaioriens? And how are your son and his girlfriend getting on? Be interesting to hear the stories of people newly-settled in Menorca.

Oooo v intrigued by the promise of exciting news, is there a hint at the end?!

As you said, life goes on and you've certainly got enough to keep you busy in the months ahead, apart from walking and caring for all the hounds; I recall you had various feathered members of your household too, are they still around? Wondered if you have any goats for milk and cheese and whether you've considered keeping pigs? Or does that all sound like too much work? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to a regular news of LadyR's Blog,

all good wishes

Trevx

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » January 21st, 2014, 8:06 pm

Weddings in Menorca.

Well we started the run up to the wedding last night.

I mean I am not sure if I told you but.Keith and Jade are getting married in August. :barmy:
Along with all the headaches that happen here you get the good times too. :grin:

And last night was one of those.
Jade her mother and I all trooped along to a wedding dress shop in Mahon.
We had an appointment for 5pm and were expecting something quite chic.
My imagination went to a different level than we were about to get.

Well the truth of it was I was expecting a nice glass of chilled Cava. (No such luck) :lol:
I also expected to be greeted by a rather posh 40ish Blonde. (Nope)
We were sort of greeted by a woman dressed in a tracksuit and trainers. :shock:
Who did not speak a word of English (so she said :roll: )
Because every time we liked a dress in the book she was like a shadow within 20 seconds it magically appeared in front of us. :shock:
Talk about efficiency :rolleyes:

When we had finished making our choices she took Jade into a changing room somewhere in the back.
It suddenly dawn on me that if I wanted to I could just make off with some of the wedding dresses that were in front of Jades mam and myself.There were no camera's not even a bell on the door :shock:
I mean could you possibly imagine that happening anywhere else other than Menorca :???:
Some of those gowns were incredibly expensive.

At the end of it all I must say it was quite refreshing to not be put off by some very posh lady. The lady in question here was incredibly efficient and a really nice lady too.
Her wedding dresses were simply beautiful.

SusieH

Post by SusieH » January 21st, 2014, 8:08 pm

But did she find the one she wanted??? :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono: