MENORCA LIFE BLOG Feb 7th 2014

Life and times of the Menorcan Rose
ladyrose

MENORCA LIFE BLOG Feb 7th 2014

Post by ladyrose » February 7th, 2014, 7:13 pm

JUST A THOUGHT.......
I am writing this while sat outside on my front terrace.....
For my friends who read this YOU know exactly where I am....??????
It is a super spring evening and my dogs are all around me.,,,,
The only I could hear was the sound of the boiler on the terrace below me coming on to heat the house.
I am sorry but,imagine yourself out side with no lights trying to type this the only light is coming from the screen.
So....... now,I have turned off the heating for the sake of the quiet that I love so much....

As soon as I did the first thing I hear is the screeching of an owl not the little SCOPPS OWLS the big huge barn owl the night time predator.......
If you were not used to this kind of quiet to be honest it can unnerve you.

NOW!!!! the only thing I can hear is my dogs licking themselves and the squeak of a little bats as they fly by :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Now with all the problems we had in 2013 to feel like I do at this moment is fantastic.
Could I go back????
Not on your Nelly !!!!!!
This is where I belong I love the SOLITUDE but Miss the Company :sad: :sad:

I just wanted to say one thing while I am in this state of mind.........
In our many years now....that we have lived in Menorca there are only 2 other people who I call friends, here and hopefully you will read this load of waffle I am writing.......

You know who you are are and I would just like to take the time to say THANK YOU...... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Through all the troubled times I have had in Menorca you have always been there for me.
You do not judge or condemn........
I just hope that I can be there for you :grin: As often as you have for me :grin:

Here endeth tonights waffle :lol:
The last thing to say tonight is THANKS to any of you who actually read this AGAIN AND AGAIN/////
SOMETIMES IT IS NICE TO SHARE A MOMENT LIKE THIS :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Re: MENORCA LIFE BLOG

Post by watta » February 7th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Well Rose, what more can we say - peace and quietness. Lovely. :finga: You are very philosophical tonite and yes you have 2 very good friends there but you have plenty on here too. Just enjoy, and I agree that its not nice to miss family and maybe home set ups. BUT hey, you are over there and am sure there would be plenty here, who would love to give it a try to see how they can adapt, as you have extremely well. :grin: Good on you and Tony and the rest of the crew there. :finga:
Well this 'waffle' must be catching???? OMG even I am doing it now.

Keep the chin up and just enjoy and look forward to another season coming just around the corner. :supz:

Take care and all the best,

Alan
:cool:

SusieH

Re: MENORCA LIFE BLOG

Post by SusieH » February 7th, 2014, 8:31 pm

I can't think of anything better than sitting out in the Menorcan evening sun listening to all the wildlife. I think that's one of the reasons me and him fell in love with the place, because the first villa we ever stayed in over there was out in the sticks in Es Canutells. It had a huge garden and every morning after we had our brekky, we'd say 'ready?' and off we'd go walking round the long path around the big garden, seeing all the lizzies and massive dragon flies and the the albino hedgehog we found, plus the frogs that I heard but never saw, thank god :???: and of course the many many tortoises the owner had in his garden. And then in the evening I'd love sitting on the terrace when the geckos came out and the bats started flying over.

Awww bliss ... yes Rose, you and all those others over there are very very lucky :lol:

And keep up the good work on the blogs :finga:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

ciaran
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: MENORCA LIFE BLOG Feb 7th 2014

Post by ciaran » February 7th, 2014, 10:44 pm

It sounds like you are quite content Rose, its lovely what your describing, but how many people would say I would love to do that, or would they once there sitting there all aloner in the quiet. I would think about 75% would go in & put on the TV. When were over we like just sitting on the terrace watching people pass by, not as quiet as you, but we have the quiet over here, lovely blog Rose, by the way, who's the other person :smile:
The next Moderator

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » February 7th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Perfect evocation of bliss, thank you for sharing the moment....that's what we all look for when we visit and you've reminded us of it...ahhh, deep sigh!

....now where's that lottery ticket?

all good wishes and thanks for keeping the dream for the rest of us

Trevx

DebC
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by DebC » February 8th, 2014, 1:59 am

Thank you Rose for sharing your waffle :grin:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » February 8th, 2014, 10:11 am

Thank you for your very kind comments. :grin:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » February 8th, 2014, 10:51 am

:goodman:
I only let him think he's in charge.

ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ninny pig » February 8th, 2014, 11:14 pm

Thanks Rose for sharing a very special moment :smile:
You only live once, so live for now, enjoy everything, regret nothing.

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » February 9th, 2014, 9:14 am

:grin: :grin: