Menorcalife blog Tue Jan 12, 2016

Life and times of the Menorcan Rose
trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: Menorcalife blog Tue Jan 12, 2016

Post by trevx » January 13th, 2016, 12:44 pm

Welcome back to Rose's waffle :lol:
Great stuff, looking forward to more regular musings on living in Menorca...winter, summer and whatever comes in between!

thanks Rose

trevx

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » January 13th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Hi Rose

Thanks for your reply regarding your location.

I don't really know why I thought we might feel isolated in the winter (in a resort), as in the UK we have neighbours, but we rarely see them, and while we're within walking distance of a small town, if we go out for a meal/to do a big food shop etc., we have to drive. So I guess it would be just the same in Menorca.

We do like the 'sociable' feel that the towns seem to have though, particularly San Lluis, and I guess if we were retired, there would be more activities/events/clubs to get involved in.

Looking forward to 'Menorca winter - warts and all!'

Sue :toasting:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » January 13th, 2016, 4:10 pm

:roll: We offered to help with the polly tunnel last June and again in September :roll: as for the tax thin we had to pay it in April and again in December in the hotel in Barcelona.

Loved reading your waffle Rose, and sad about Brian moving back I know he has been company for you a lot of the time, hope all goes well with his move and pass on our best wishes to him please. :goodman:
I only let him think he's in charge.

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Silly fools you asked for it.

Post by davethebirder » January 23rd, 2016, 10:32 pm

davethebirder wrote:However I shall be out next week (it wasn't me trespassing on your land!) to have a look and check out your "Buzzards" as well!

Dave
As promised, we went to check out your Starlings last weekend and there were NONE! Had a word with the nice girl at the S'Albufera visitor centre later and she had the same problem when she went. Apparently, the weather has been so mild, the Starlings don't need to do the mass-roost, but are congregating at night in smaller localised roosts around the island. We found two in CnP area alone!

Did not see any of your "Buzzards". But there were a few Booted Eagles about (even though all the books say they are only Summer visitors!), also quite a few Marsh Harriers in the area. We need updates in the literature!

Sorry I missed you, but I understand you were laid up last week - Get well soon

Dave

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » January 24th, 2016, 9:58 am

Thank you Dave :grin:

maycontainuts
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by maycontainuts » January 25th, 2016, 4:01 pm

enjoyed your "waffle " . thank you.