Post by ladyrose » February 8th, 2016, 10:16 am

Yes Sue it certainly is food for thought. :grin:
Although I would not like anyone to see my efforts. :cool: :lol: :lol:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: HOW LUCKY I AM.

Post by trevx » February 8th, 2016, 2:12 pm

That was a fab read Rose...fed my day dreams nicely, thank you!

Re painting, father-in-law took it up when he retired to Menorca and both bro-in-laws have produced some stunning paintings over past 40 years.

We have one of the road from Cala'n Porter to San Clemente, painted in 1974, which is very precious to us.

The road at the time was a single rough track lane, tunnelled by trees and bushes on both sides and had to be driven with care; the painting has perfectly captured what it was like to travel along it in high summer. It conveys so much more than a photo.

Moral of this tale: get painting!

trevx

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » February 8th, 2016, 3:09 pm

Trevx, any chance you can convey it to us. Take a photo of the painting and post it on here. It would be really nice to see how things have changed over the past 40-odd years!

Dave

dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by dream.island » February 8th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Hi trevx ... Would love to see the painting ... My parents bought their property in calan porter around that time and I well remember the unmade roads. Unfortunately my dad only took slides in those days as they were cheaper than photos and these went astray ... So to see a painting would really bring back those memories.

Regarding photos does anyone have old photos of calan porter they coukd post ... I would love my kids to see what it used to be like.

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » February 8th, 2016, 9:12 pm

So would I and mine. Our photos only go back 20 years and really not a lot has changed which is part of the charm of the place.

Dave

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » February 9th, 2016, 12:54 pm

Happy to post photo of the painting, although I'm not sure if I'll get one which will do it any justice- I'm not a Rose standard photographer! Bear with me, it's currently with bro-in-law for some repair and refurb work.

Have very few photos of Menorca/ Calan Porter in 1970s- we weren't really into photography then. Those I do have feature people more than the place! Will have a hunt and see what I can find. Most of the family photos of CnP and the island in the early days have gone missing or are with other bro-in-law and he won't share 'em :mad:

trevx