advise where to stay

Help info and advice for that perfect family holiday
luciahinton

advise where to stay

Post by luciahinton » May 15th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Hi
I am hoping to travel to menorca in summer with my two children aged 4 & 8 can anyone recommend a good tour operator/resort that the children will have a good time (not too lively) and that is close to good safe beach but also near some of the secluded bays. we want to go self catering so if anyone can recommend good one bed apartments on nice resort. Many thanks

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: advise where to stay

Post by JanSchofield » May 15th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Hi luciahinton and welcome to Menorca The guide. :supz: :supz:

Spend some time to look around the site and read various topics on different resorts on the island. Menorca is wonderful and has something for everyone for the perfect family holiday. Son Bou is great for small children with miles of sand and shallow waters for them to enjoy. Most of the accommodation here is self-catering and generally of a good standard. Most people have their favourites which you will see as you look around the site. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like after you have had a look around.
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

luciahinton

Post by luciahinton » May 15th, 2010, 11:00 pm

thanks for this

Nats RnB
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by Nats RnB » May 16th, 2010, 7:11 am

I can second what Jan says I have stayed here and have been visiting sonbou for many years its a fantastic place for children, my 3 love it :grin:

Nina Gate
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Nina Gate » May 16th, 2010, 2:06 pm

luciahinton wrote:Hi
I am hoping to travel to menorca in summer with my two children aged 4 & 8 can anyone recommend a good tour operator/resort that the children will have a good time (not too lively) and that is close to good safe beach but also near some of the secluded bays. we want to go self catering so if anyone can recommend good one bed apartments on nice resort. Many thanks
Thompson's are very good for holidays with children in tow. What about the Blanc Palace Aparthotel in Sa Caleta/Cala Santandria for example? It's a platinum hotel, that caters for both self catering and those who wish to eat within the hotel, with a free kids club called 'Kidszone' and an exceptionally good older children's entertainer.

The resort(s) have very secluded and safe beaches where the children could play in the water without fear of getting out of their depth. It's also very quiet there; but has a great bus service just outside the hotel that would enable you to visit some of the larger, more touristy resorts if you wanted to; and said busier resorts are within a short distance. You would also be very close to the old capital, Cituidella; which I believe is rather lovely? I will know in July when I go out to stay.

My daughter is working there as a children's rep and runs the Kidzone club, all childrens reps for Thompsons are fully qualified in childcare and I can safely say your children would be well looked after if you did stay at the Blanc Palace :grin:

luckdragon
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by luckdragon » May 17th, 2010, 11:33 am

we usually stay in this part of son bou.
(google maps link)
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.9 ... 8&t=h&z=18

its walking distance to the shops, bars, restaurants, and of course the longest beach on the island.

we've taken our little girl there about 5 or 6 times in a row (i've lost count by now).. so she has literally grown up having holidays there. absolutely smashing place for kids, and her new little brother cannot wait to go there too!

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » May 17th, 2010, 8:10 pm

We started off in Arenal D'en Castell, perfect beach for children and adults, enough to do on an evening, (but not blasting music until 2.00am), good restaurants, couple of supermarkets, very picturesque, and lovely places nearby like Fornells, Addaia, Na Macaret, Binimel-La, Pregonda etc.

Have stayed at Isla Paraiso, Arepar Apartments, Marina Parc and Sol Isla - all self catering with Thomson or Thomas Cook.

We love Son Bou as well. The beach and water park are just perfect and even though we go independent now, we always go there every couple of days.

Enjoy!