Late May Holiday to Son Bou

Help info and advice for that perfect family holiday
Mrs_Sqwelch
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Late May Holiday to Son Bou

Post by Mrs_Sqwelch » April 24th, 2014, 7:03 am

Good Morning.
My family will shortly be travelling to Son Bou and we have rented a villa on Carrer Central (sp)
I will have two small children with me (3 and 1)
Does anyone know of places to buy or hire baby equipment, such as wooden cots, booster seats and bed guards please? I am having absolutely no joy googling these things!
If anyone has any information about the street we are staying on, such as its proximity to a supermarket, beach and restaurant then that would be amazing!
I will also be travelling with my father who is allergic to quite a lot of foods... I have done some google translate so that I can tell people what they are, I'm hoping that will be ok!!
I'm very new to travelling with children and find it turns me into something of a neurotic mess, so any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks
Rachel

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Late May Holiday to Son Bou

Post by Slartibartfast » April 24th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Hi and welcome to Menorca the Guide.

Cots and bed guards, have you asked the villa rental co as they should normally be able to supply these, not wooden cots any more they all have the travel fold up ones these days. Booster seat, do you mean for a car?? again the car rental co will have these.

See image below for details of your nearest shops and restaurants in proximity to Carrer Central.
sonbou.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Mrs_Sqwelch
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Mrs_Sqwelch » April 24th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Hello Steve,
thank you for the reply.
I have spoken to our villa provider and have got a highchair for the tiny sorted, they are also providing a travel cot. Booster seats was for sitting at the table too, even if there is a normal baby goods store I would be happy to go and buy one. Information about shops in the area seems really hard to come by!
Thank you for attaching a picture, unfortunately its saying I don't have permission to view it!
The reason I asked about wooden cots is that we went to Marbella last year and there is an amazing hire company there, we hired everything!! Doesn't seem to be the same in Menorca.
Once again, thank you for your time
R

SusieH

Post by SusieH » April 24th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Hi and welcome to the site :finga:

The reason you can't view the picture at the moment is because you're a new member. Once you've done a few more posts you should be able to see it. :lol: If you have a read through the Son Bou forum there are loads of posts that should help you with a lot of your questions especially the shops etc. There is plenty to do and it's a great place for kids with a wonderful beach.

You'll have a fantastic time. :lol: :lol:

There is this one http://www.holidayhire.com/ but it looks like they're doing a new website, but it does give an email address so you could always email them asking about anything you might want to hire.
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Mrs_Sqwelch
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Mrs_Sqwelch » April 24th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Thank you so much :)
I will spend some time searching through

SusieH

Post by SusieH » April 24th, 2014, 7:33 pm

You're welcome. Any questions, just ask. We're here to help :lol: :lol:

And a few more posts and you should be able to see the piccies :ele: :ele: :ele:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Mrs_Sqwelch
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Mrs_Sqwelch » April 24th, 2014, 8:02 pm

I look forward to the picture!
I think I would like to buy some kind of map or guide book, I feel like we could potentially have some brilliant day trips around the island but I've no idea where to start thinking about it!
We are staying in a James Villa, I would really like to know where it is but cant find a specific address to google street view! (Villa Bonita) It makes me a bit nervous that there are no reviews online, I will correct this when I return home...
I just read a post from someone saying they stopped for groceries near the airport on the way to the accommodation, genius idea!!! I will have my staples in my suitcase though, that's what I get for breeding a couple of bloody termites.
Looking forward to the beautiful beach, have read its quite heavily populated with naturists (or rudy-bums as my three year old will call them, no doubt) This doesn't really bother us at all, but I assume there will be a more PG area for families??
We have two cars booked, as I'm bringing my dad and my wicked stepmother ;) so getting around should be nice and easy, though seeing my dad fold himself into a Ka (or similar) should be pretty hilarious.
I feel a bit rambly now.... I'm off to look at amazon for a map. My mother in law gave me one but its about twenty years old... bless the woman.
speak soon, I'm sure!

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » April 24th, 2014, 9:35 pm

You should be able to see the image now. Son Bou has a number of restaurants, more than enough for most. Shops, nothing too exciting, the normal cloths, perfume, jewellery, beach stuff ... etc.

Supermarkets near the airport? viewtopic.php?f=60&t=24202 Most people go to one of them on the "Poligono" [industrial estate] between the airport and Mahon. Bini Preu The first one you come to is as good as any. Underground parking and sells everything you'll need and quite a lot you didn't know you'd need :lol:

You can buy a map cheep once you're here most places sell any number of differing maps.

Beach, its over 2 Km long, the further you go west the less peeps have on :lol: but its big enough for you to spread out.

Driving have a look at http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/maps/index.php it'll give you an idea on how simple finding your way around is.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

sonador
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by sonador » April 24th, 2014, 11:56 pm

We stayed at a villa on Carrer Central last year. Bloomin lovely place! All the villas on that street are really nice. Close enough to walk into the centre of Son Bou but far enough out, to be pretty quiet. Nice little bakery down the steps to the bottom road where they make fresh bread & cakes twice a day. Plenty of Touristy supermarkets within walking distance in Son Bou or get the bus or taxi to the Supermarket the Spanish use in Alaior. So wish we had enough of us going this year to justify such a large villa again! Enjoy!

Mrs_Sqwelch
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Mrs_Sqwelch » April 25th, 2014, 6:39 am

Oooooh I'm all excited now!!!!
I've just done some google street viewing, I can't wait to get there :)