Club hotel Aguamarina

Help info and advice for that perfect family holiday
Nicola24

Club hotel Aguamarina

Post by Nicola24 » April 29th, 2015, 11:16 am

Hi guys, this is my first time abroad with both my partner and my son. We are going to Arenell d'en Castell at the specified hotel. Can anyone tell me what sorts of things there is to do? We are going 1st June for a week.
I'm also looking to bring back cigarettes. Does anyone know where I will get these from in the area and is 3000 the limit from menorca? Sorry about the questions, first time holiday maker and nervous.

Nicola

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: Club hotel Aguamarina

Post by trevx » April 30th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Sorry, can't help you info with about Arenal but I'm sure others will be able to in due course; in the meantime have a look at posts in the relevant resort section on the site.

Re cigs allowances: see the advice on https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arri ... -countries

Try not to be nervous!

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » April 30th, 2015, 2:47 pm

I've not stayed at the hotel, but used to stay s/c in the resort when my son was 4-8/9 years old.

The beach is great, safe for children, there are pedalo's etc.
Lots of nice restaurants and some more 'snack' type places to eat.
The hotels usually have entertainment on, finishes around 11.30/midnight
There is a Goody Goody bar down at the beach (go karts, ball pits, stuff to keep smaller children entertained.
There is a water park at the Hotel Marina Parc which non-residents can pay to use.
A few shops, hair brading stalls etc.

Hire a car and explore the Island, its small enough to easily get around most places in a couple of days.

gregscott
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by gregscott » April 30th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Hi,

Cigarettes can only be bought from tabac shops or from vending machines in some bars / restaurants.

There is a tabac shop in the shops / bar area above the beach (about half way along the beach near the Spar) which can be accessed from either the road or the wooden walkway along the beach.
From memory I think it closed in the afternoon