Supermarkets/food shops in ciutadella

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
mingualez

Supermarkets/food shops in ciutadella

Post by mingualez » June 10th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Hi there, new to the forum.
Been to Menorca about 6 times with my wife and son who is now 10. We have always returned to Cala'nBosch. And just love the simplicity of the holiday there.
We will be heading back in late July, and I intend to get in to Ciutadella shopping for food produce as Cala'nBosch is limited. My main question is, is there a Mercadona or major supermarket in Ciutadella. Also any advice on good butchers, fish mongers etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!! :grin:

SusieH

Re: Supermarkets/food shops in ciutadella

Post by SusieH » June 10th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Hi there and welcome to the site :finga: :finga: :finga:

I've moved your post into the help forum, I think you'll get a better response in this bit.

I'm not that familiar with that end of the island, but keep checking back, most of the regulars on here will know for sure. :lol: :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

mingualez

Post by mingualez » June 10th, 2013, 7:08 pm

Ah. Thanks!!! :grin:

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by sunnysideup » June 10th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Hi and :welcome:

There are lots of supermarkets to choose from in Ciutadella, you will find the biggest in the poligono (the industrial estate) on the outskirts of the town by the football ground, there is a Lidl, Max Dia and Euroski superstore all in the estate. Or if I was you I would just go to the Hiper supermarket on the Cala n Bosch/Ciutadella road on the right hand side coming from Ciutadella just before the Sa Caleta turning (you cannot miss it) it is a fantastic superstore that also sells really good fresh fruit and veg, and great fish and meats counters with friendly staff.
If you want to get up really early you could go to the fish market in Ciutadella
Hope this helps

Alan :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

mingualez

Post by mingualez » June 11th, 2013, 7:24 pm

sunnysideup wrote:Hi and :welcome:

There are lots of supermarkets to choose from in Ciutadella, you will find the biggest in the poligono (the industrial estate) on the outskirts of the town by the football ground, there is a Lidl, Max Dia and Euroski superstore all in the estate. Or if I was you I would just go to the Hiper supermarket on the Cala n Bosch/Ciutadella road on the right hand side coming from Ciutadella just before the Sa Caleta turning (you cannot miss it) it is a fantastic superstore that also sells really good fresh fruit and veg, and great fish and meats counters with friendly staff.
If you want to get up really early you could go to the fish market in Ciutadella
Hope this helps

Alan :finga: :finga:
Thanks very much! :barmy:

bulwellian
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by bulwellian » June 11th, 2013, 8:11 pm

well just for you the new mercadona will be opening about the eighteenth of June on the polygon and as normal on opening it will be well signposted the best butcher we have found is also on the polygon if you drive past lidl [on your right] at the roundabout turn right on to the polygon not the main road and it's the first unit called something like murtadet [or something similar]they have an English speaking young man who is very helpful and will cut what you want to order and the prices compared to the supermarkets tend to be very good, have a good holiday

p.s the butchers do not have a display widow the entrance is just a pair of glass doors
removed