general

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
bohemia53

general

Post by bohemia53 » October 5th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Not too sure where to post this. Admin, maybe you could re-direct it please. I posted last year or the year before as PENNYLANE53 but I forgot my password etc so I'm now here as bohemia. We stayed at the Aguamarina last year and it was lovely to return to Menorca after being away for many years. We did have a problem, early October with jelly fish though! I'm coming for a very short break owing illness this year. My 21 year old daughter is treating me to a quiet few days. We are booking for the 26th Oct just for 4 days and I was wondering if any shops etc will be open then. Either Santo Thomas or Son Beau? Only want to rest but I'm sure my daughter would like a browse in the shops lol. Thanks x

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: general

Post by carben » October 5th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Hi bohemia 53, it will be quiet in both resorts as things start to wind down after a hectic season,perhaps a bus trip into Mahon might be the best solution for the shops. And for you, rest and relaxation, you can't beat Menorca for that! Enjoy!

bohemia53

Post by bohemia53 » October 5th, 2014, 10:57 pm

thanks Carben, I was just wondering if either resort has a few small shops open, just for a short walk. I do love Mahon but while I'm having a rest my daughter might want to shop locally etc. I think I saw some in Son Bou on travellers photos but I haven't seen any on photos of Santo Thomas. Are shops likely to be closed around 26th October? Thanks for your help

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » October 6th, 2014, 8:27 am

Its hard to predict, it depends on the number of people in the resort and the weather as to whether its worthwhile opening.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » October 6th, 2014, 9:01 am

The shops in Son Bou have already started to close down so I would say by the time you get here it will all be gone in Son Bou sorry :sad:

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » October 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Somewhere like Es Castell might be worth looking at too, you won't be limited to what is open in resorts, plus only a few mins away from Mahon. Several good quality hotels to choose from....

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Well I am in Santo Tomas this now, and am afraid that some of the shops will be closing down before the end of this month. However, I noticed today that ones that are left (not many), will be staying open till the English schools hols are finished on the 1st November. Best of luck. :finga:

Alan
:cool:
:blue: :blue: :blue: :partyman: :partyman: :dream:

:cool: :smile: :yawinkle: