September visit

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
dannyblue

September visit

Post by dannyblue » July 17th, 2015, 11:56 am

Hi there all you lucky people in Menorca.
I have been to the island several times but only in June & July.
I have always had really good weather & a really good time
Due to my own fault I booked my holiday late at work & all the best months had been taken by other staff grrrrrrr
I find myself now coming to Menorca in September & was wondering about the weather & places being open etc
Any replies would be helpful
Danny :grin:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: September visit

Post by Slartibartfast » July 17th, 2015, 7:05 pm

September is for some the perfect month to go. It's still very warm but hasn't got the intense hot sun of the main summer months. The land and sea have had all year to warm up so the sea is perfect for bathing. But it can be the start of the change to autumn weather where Menorca gets a couple of weeks of very unsettled weather. This usually happens in the latter half of the month but can occur early on, so be prepared.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

RubiAnne
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RubiAnne » July 18th, 2015, 1:51 pm

We went last year in September. I was expecting cooler temperatures but Menorca seemed to be having a heatwave. It was really hot ! In the 30s most days I think.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » July 19th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Hi, we always go for a week at the end of Sept/early Oct, and the weather hasn't ever really been an issue from what I can remember!

Even last year, we kept checking the forecast the week before we went, and it was horrendous (rain/cloud/thunder every day)! But when we arrived, it was a bit cloudier than usual for the first couple of days, but the temperatures were so hot that we had to go to the beach every day to cool off, and the sea was still lovely and warm! Generally, we find that we have better weather in Sept/Oct than at the end of May/early June.

Everywhere should still be open too, the tourist resorts don't tend to close until mid-end October.

Enjoy!

:toasting:

dannyblue

Post by dannyblue » July 22nd, 2015, 9:23 am

Thanks for the replies , I was really concerned about having 2 weeks of dodgy looking weather & all the supermarkets on wind down for the end of season. I am now looking forward to this break much more & will pack my case accordingly. As a point of interest , will the sea still be warmish & calm or cold & rough. By the way I am staying in Sant Tomas during the middle fortnight in September.
Hopefully the San Migels will still be cold. :grin: :grin:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 22nd, 2015, 9:30 am

The sea should still be nice and warm unless they have bad storms beforehand.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

canda
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by canda » July 22nd, 2015, 12:43 pm

Hiya! We have been going in September for the last 16 years and have never had a bad time!! Much quieter as most children are back at school, but still nice and warm!!