Festival of Sant Joan 2018

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Festival of Sant Joan 2018

Post by Annie41 » April 7th, 2018, 6:26 am

We have booked a short break this summer which coincides with the fiesta. We are staying in Cala’n Bosch but want to get out and about during the weekend. We are not intending to go into Ciutadella but are wondering how the roads (and availability of taxis) would be affected. For example we want to head over to meet friends and spend the evening in Cala’n Blanes. Is it unrealistic to expect to get a taxi back in the evening (maybe about 9pm)? We arrive on Friday morning. Are the roads likely to be very busy on the drive from the airport?
Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Annie

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Festival of Sant Joan 2018

Post by Sue Adderley » April 7th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Hi Annie

I'm afraid I can't comment on how busy the roads will be, as I've never been on the island while the Sant Joan fiesta has been taking place, but I know that it's the most popular fiesta of the year, with thousands flying in from mainland Spain. And apparently there's a big problem with taxis on the island. I'm sure I read in the Roqueta that you're lucky if you can get them to answer the phone during busy periods. However, maybe your hotel (if you're staying in one) will be able to offer some helpful info.

This link also might be of use :- https://www.mymenorca.info/menorca-taxi-prices/

Sue :toasting:

Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Festival of Sant Joan 2018

Post by Annie41 » April 7th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Thanks Sue - I will ask the hotel as you suggest.