What’s changed in 15 years?

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Meisme123

Re: What’s changed in 15 years?

Post by Meisme123 » October 24th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 3:26 pm
The Binicuda apartments are still there although they may be using a different name now, the Palamino again is still running but now called Delaney's I believe and IMO is better that the Palamino ever was.
I searched again and yep - they are still there (could not see a name on the place ) ... was a bit further up the road from the roundabout than my memory thought . Have to call there too for old times sake . Delaneys is the new Palamino :smile: - as long as there is a good British/Irish /Ulster fry I'll be happy .

Meisme123

Post by Meisme123 » October 24th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Sunseaker wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 6:15 pm
:grin: Binibeca is our favourite too as it was the first place we stayed at on our first holiday abroad in 1985, yes things have changed but doesn't everything, Smugglers is still open run by the same couple but it has been up for sale for many years but until it sells they will continue to open.
Glad to hear the Smugglers is still operating - that's where we ended up at the end of most nights , so we will make sure we give it a visit .Binibecca is a lovely spot and it's nice to hear that yous like us had your first holiday there too - and that like us returned to Menorca in the years after .

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » October 25th, 2019, 4:35 pm

I must agree Binibequer is still our favourite after all these years and to be honest hasn't really changed much at all, a few more villas, some/most restaurants have changed hands and the spelling has changed from the Castillo Binibecca to the Catalan Binibequer and I'm sure there was another different spelling somewhere along the line :lol:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Meisme123

Post by Meisme123 » October 25th, 2019, 11:52 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 4:35 pm
I must agree Binibequer is still our favourite after all these years and to be honest hasn't really changed much at all, a few more villas, some/most restaurants have changed hands and the spelling has changed from the Castillo Binibecca to the Catalan Binibequer and I'm sure there was another different spelling somewhere along the line :lol:
So long as I know where it is - they can call it what they want :grin: . I see that some new places were built in areas where previous houses were abandoned nearer the sea behind where the the Beach Villas used to be ... I think the lady that was running the beach villas at the time we were there was called Rosa , Slartbarfast you seem to have a great knowledge of the place and no doubt I'll probably "do your head in ", (as they say in our neck of the woods ) looking information and asking questions ... a bit of craic is another saying lol

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » October 26th, 2019, 11:09 am

Yes I suppose you could say I know the Island fairly well, and ask away, if any of us know you'll get your answer.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)