Follow the yellow brick road!

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Follow the yellow brick road!

Post by TrentEnd » June 20th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Some friends just sent me a video of the new one way system along the port, it was taken at about 12.30 local today and two things strike me, the 'yellow' and how quiet things seem.
Just hope the video loads now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: Follow the yellow brick road!

Post by Shuggie » June 20th, 2020, 6:57 pm

I did the same video earlier in the week but it was too big to upload. IMHO this is an absolute joke. There is now a debate about changing the direction of the one way. This will not solve the problem of parking or funnelling congestion to somewhere else. If they did a good park and ride or put on a free bus from surrounding towns to the port that might help. If I could get on a bus from Es Castell and be dropped off in the port and get back again with a service running every 10 minutes this new one way would be a good idea, but......
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » June 20th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Shuggie, surely the bus service doesn't have to be free. Given the prices for the buses in Menorca, it won't be much different to your petrol with a chance of a glass or two :jozza: :jozza: The only thing you need is a late bus service outside their usual hours.

Dave

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » June 20th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Trentend,
Yes download fine , I can see what you mean "Yellow " .
I can't see what this is all for , the Yellow Section, pedestrian , cycling ???. I'll take another look and study
But then a lot council ideas are strange UK or Menorca
Paul

SusieH

Post by SusieH » June 21st, 2020, 2:07 pm

And 'parking' .... I saw a red car parked in the yellow bit :???:

Weird and strange is all I can say.

On the plus side - I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO DOWNLOAD AND OPEN THE VIDEO WOOOOOHOOOOO :lol: :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono: