Rainbow Spice

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Rainbow Spice

Post by Shuggie » November 28th, 2020, 4:12 pm

It’s under new management and has vastly improved the standard of cooking. We’ve eaten in twice and have had two takeaways in the last month and it’s so much better. The menu is the same but quality is so much better.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Rainbow Spice

Post by Sue Adderley » November 28th, 2020, 4:38 pm

We'll give it a try, if we manage to get there for Christmas :???: TBH we've always had good food there anyway, but only ever really dined there during our Christmas break, due to Boni Indian Spice being open in Son Bou during the summer months. We haven't tried Motin's new place, Dhaka Spice, in Mahon yet though and I'm not sure he'll be open in December.

Sue :partyman:

patti
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by patti » November 28th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Hi Sue, I was going to say that we have eaten Menu Del Dia in Motin’s new place several times and enjoyed it every time.
I didn’t want to make you envious in case you don’t get out, he told us he is staying opening all over the Christmas holiday period . We park at the top, take the lift down, turn left and it’s this side of Pierro’s.
Previously we used Rainbow Spice over the winter but I thought it was looking a bit shabby recently, we will try again though as last time we ate there, very early in the year, we thought the curry wasn’t as good.

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » November 28th, 2020, 5:52 pm

We've only eaten at Dhaka once and it was good but I have heard a few dodgy reviews from friends. It's good to have some competition on the port.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"