Health Centre in Alaior

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
Mumsie S
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Health Centre in Alaior

Post by Mumsie S » June 17th, 2009, 8:22 pm

We had a great time on holiday but unfortunately I had a chest infection. :sad: I had heard you could buy antibiotics over the counter but the pharmacist in Son Bou quite rightly insisted on a prescription. I was going to go to the medical centre in Son Bou but one of the guys working at the Kit Kat bar reckoned the local (private) doctor would charge about 50 euros and then send me to Alaior so he advised going straight to the health centre in Alaior. I had excellent treatment there, all free with my E111 card. I got to see a lovely doctor within 15 minutes, two lots of antibiotics and a check up a week later at the health centre in Es Mercadal because we had moved location for our second week.

I was really impressed by the standard of health care and the facilities. If you're unlucky enough to be ill on holiday, Menorca is a very safe place to be.

ladyrose

Re: Health Centre in Alaior

Post by ladyrose » June 18th, 2009, 8:02 am

I assume it was DR Gilabert that you saw there?
Yes the centre is very well run and can save you a fortune. :smile:

Mumsie S
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: Health Centre in Alaior

Post by Mumsie S » June 18th, 2009, 11:27 am

No it was Dr Ana Outeiral Rivas. She was really kind and very good about my limited Spanish.I've just been to see my GP and have to say that the health centres in Menorca are in better shape than my local one.

Tried to persuade the GP to send me back to Menorca to recuperate but sadly was unsuccessful :sad: !

Never mind....hoping to go back to Son Bou in September for another week :grin: