Creepy crawlies

Accommodation & Restaurant info for this resort area.
Demus
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Creepy crawlies

Post by Demus » April 4th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Coming to Calan Porter for the first time from June 8th to 22nd & staying in a villa in Carrer de Richard Kane.We've never stayed in avilla before[always hotels or apartments] and wondering if theres likely to be problems with cockroaches.My wife would be terrified if it was a problem.Smart hotels are generally spotless and have staff around to deal with these matters,but whats the best way to deal with the little beasties on your own.I could always just get my wife to glare at them !! We're flying from Bristol and have managed to book into the Executive Lounge before our flight for £12 each.Bargain !! Free drinks.Oh dear.Just 9 weeks now,cant wait. :cool:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creepy crawlies

Post by Slartibartfast » April 4th, 2013, 4:32 pm

Demus wrote:Smart hotels are generally spotless and have staff around to deal with these matters
So should the villa owner. Ants can be troublesome but as long as you clean up after yourself they shouldn't be too much of a nuisance. Any sign of cockroaches and I'd be on the phone to the owner, then the management co.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

ciaran
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ciaran » April 4th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Ive only ever had trouble with ants, but as Slarti said, if you clean up crumbs & don't leave food around, hopefully you won't have to many problems, if it did get to much of a problem I would certainly phone the management company & not the owner :smile:
The next Moderator

cassie99
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by cassie99 » April 4th, 2013, 6:35 pm

I just hope you dont have the same problem I had one year. Rented a typical old town house in Es Castell and it seemed charming untill one morning, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the back end of a mouse disapearing into the toaster! A few days later as we were sitting in the kitchen, we were literally over-run and surrounded by about 12 baby mice! We had to call the owner who luckily got us moved to another house.

I guess a lot of those old houses have some sort of creepy crawlies and we saw a few cockroaches but the mice were the last straw. :axe:

SusieH

Post by SusieH » April 4th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Yeah, don't make the mistake we made and left a tiny piece of cake out on the worktop :???: next morning we were overrun with ants :evil: :evil:

We did have a gecko get into one of our villas. I love watching them when we're sitting outside in the evening but I don't like them inside when I gotta go to bed. And Him Indoors had to catch the little bugger before I shut me eyes. And boy did it take a bit of catching, they're like little rockets when they go :shock: :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Demus
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Demus » April 5th, 2013, 9:42 am

Thanks for the advice.I was wrongly assuming that we would be left to our own devices but I had forgotten about the management agents.Cheers. :rock:

Sunnyside
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Sunnyside » April 5th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Like most of the others we've only ever had problems with ants and that's generally been our fault if we've left some crumbs on a work surface or not wrapped food well enough etc - a tin of ant spray always goes into the shopping trolley on our first day just in case but be warned, some of them are very strong and over powering!
1999 Cala n Forcat
2008 Es Canutells
2010 Es Canutells
2012 Cala en Porter
2013 Cala en Porter

Sunnyside
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Sunnyside » April 5th, 2013, 3:52 pm

You're there roughly the same time as us too - last year at the same time it was boiling, too hot even for the ants I think as no sign of the little pests :lol:
1999 Cala n Forcat
2008 Es Canutells
2010 Es Canutells
2012 Cala en Porter
2013 Cala en Porter

Demus
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Demus » April 5th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Is that the ants that are very strong and overpowering? :finga:

kevg64
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by kevg64 » April 21st, 2013, 10:03 pm

I'm a pest controller and have seen the tiny little ants foraging for food. If you spill something or leave it out , they WILL find it. Cockies can be brought in from a laundry with the bedding, I haven't seen many while there. Ant spray will also work on cockroaches. Don't worry, just relax and enjoy your holiday.