Any supermarkets open near Playa de Fornells on a Sunday?

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
sburnby

Any supermarkets open near Playa de Fornells on a Sunday?

Post by sburnby » October 7th, 2004, 10:21 pm

Am holidaying in Menorca half-term week. As we will be arriving around 11a.m. on a Sunday (Oct 24th) I wondered if anyone can tell me if we could expect any supermarkets to be open around 12.30 - ish.
We are staying at Playa de Fornells, and wondered if we would need to visit some other location to stock up first, or whether we could shop locally on arrival.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Steve Burnby

Noggerwood
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by Noggerwood » October 8th, 2004, 10:13 am

Hiya Steve
Worry not, there are three small supermarkets and one smaller shop....which is probably best stocked of them all, on the complex. All three open on Sunday but shorten their hours towards the end of the season. The first, and largest minimarket is located near the entrance of Playas de Fornells. As you come under the big white arch and reach the roundabout, take the second turn on the right and the shop is just at the top of the hill before you go down to the beach area. It stocks everything you would need and even has a very wide range of British stuff like Heinz beans etc. The other two minimarkets are in the centre of the complex near the restaurants Cafe del Nord and Es Cactus. Both have everything you'll need I think. The small, brilliantly stocked shop is located behind the property services office that you will probabley check in at. Its next to a brilliant little cafe/bar that I cant remember the name of.
If you want a larger supermarket and your hiring a car, theres a bigger one and a range of other shops in Mercadel where you turn off the main road to get to Playas de Fornells.
Have a good one
Ash 8)
Ash Scully

Playas de Fornells 20th June 2014

sburnby

Post by sburnby » October 8th, 2004, 9:16 pm

Thanks Ash for that information. You don't happen to know if the supermarket at Es Mercadal is open on a Sunday, do you?
Steve Burnby