Gonna be pouring down for my holiday :-( Any suggestions?

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
howardfh
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Gonna be pouring down for my holiday :-( Any suggestions?

Post by howardfh » September 7th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Mahon, later this week. Indoor ideas accepted, gonna be a miserable short break looking at the forecast :jozza:

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Gonna be pouring down for my holiday :-( Any suggestions?

Post by kieronf » September 7th, 2019, 5:55 pm

The forecast changes every few days, so more likely or not it will be dry and sunny. Just 48 hrs ago it was going to be torrential rain and thunder for all three days, now it is saying there is the possibility of rain. Wait until Monday before deciding 0 chances are it will be fine. This is a tiny island and, while they can forecast things with reasonable accuracy, it doesn't take much movement for a weather front to move either side of us.

howardfh
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by howardfh » September 7th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Hope so, it's always volatile in September and when you see the forecast a few days in advance and it looks really bad, then it can only get better! Don't mind the odd thunderstorm, especially in the evening, but not three days worth!!

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » September 7th, 2019, 9:39 pm

As kiernof stated,
kieronf wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 5:55 pm

The forecast changes every few days, so more likely or not it will be dry and sunny. Just 48 hrs ago it was going to be torrential rain and thunder for all three days, now it is saying there is the possibility of rain. Wait until Monday before deciding 0 chances are it will be fine. This is a tiny island and, while they can forecast things with reasonable accuracy, it doesn't take much movement for a weather front to move either side of us.
To put your mind at ease, here is a link:-

https://www.holiday-weather.com/menorca ... /september

Just enjoy your break as I will be following on starting 17th September. :barmy:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :c9:

Mirador
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Mirador » September 7th, 2019, 10:46 pm

Island weather can change very quickly.

I'm sure you'll get some good weather.
Neil

All people have the ability to light up a room, some when they enter and some when they leave.

howardfh
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by howardfh » September 8th, 2019, 10:36 am

watta wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 9:39 pm
As kiernof stated,
kieronf wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 5:55 pm

To put your mind at ease, here is a link:-

https://www.holiday-weather.com/menorca ... /september

Just enjoy your break as I will be following on starting 17th September. :barmy:

Alan
:cool:
Averages are no good when you're only there for three full days!! There's been a slight improvement in this week's forecast (depending on which site you use) but still a loads of rain forecast.

missy82
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by missy82 » September 9th, 2019, 2:27 pm

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » September 9th, 2019, 3:09 pm

Not being funny, but why not use the local AEMET weather service. Their forecasting data is taken from local weather and radar stations and has rarely been wrong in all the time I've used it. A friend of mine persists with the Met Office forecast and it can sometimes be so wrong its funny.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » September 9th, 2019, 6:59 pm

This is one reason we always hire a car. We had two weeks of rain one August :shock: but each morning we looked to the sky to see which direction looked the brightest and headed that way. Got to see a lot of the island and found the sun on most days.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

maycontainuts
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by maycontainuts » September 9th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Hey , we are currently in Majorca, forecast from three ,EXPERT Popular sites since 4th sept was mixed cloudy weather with a few thunderstorms thrown in !,,. Suffice to say its been 26c plus every day with sunshine and calm seas. Still wating for storms.