Staying in Punta Primas for first time

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.

Staying in Punta Primas for first time

Postby flowerpetal123 » March 13th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Hi looking for some info on the Punta Prima area. we stayed in Son Bou 3 years ago and looking to return to a different area, have found a great Villa which seems to tick all the boxes re short walk to supermarket, restaurants etc. and short walk into Punta Prima itself. We will hopefully therefore not need to hire a car. Me, My husband, both late 30's will be travelling with our 6 year old daughter and my mum age 66.

Wanted to know what the bus service is like from the area to have one or two trips out and I believe there is a train that we can hop on to go over to Binibeca? Is Binibeca worth a visit, if so what is there to see and do?

Although we were after a quiet area, we still enjoy a walk out to bars, restaurants and of course we will have a 6yr old with us so want it to be a safe and family area to be out in the evenings with her, is Punta Prima the right place for us?

We are looking to travel around 2nd week in June for a week, have been told the weather should be nice enough during the day but may get little cool in evenings?

Many thanks
flowerpetal123
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Advertisement

El Faros Restaurant Cala Torret Binibequer

Open from May until October seven days a week
Lunch time 11:30 - 15:30 Evenings 18:00 till late.
Click here for Directions to El Faro's

Re: Staying in Punta Primas for first time

Postby LinH » March 13th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Punta Prima is a lovely resort, we have been twice, stayed both times in the Prima Sud apartments. It is a very small resort having only a few resturants and supermarkets, but it has a lovely sandy beach and a nice little play park. There is also a splash pool and crazy golf available for public use at the Barcelo Pueblo hotel while you enjoy a drink at the bar. There is a good bus service running into Mahon, think it is every half hour (or an hour not 100% sure) at a cost of 1.40 euro (last summer), and from there you can get a bus to other resorts. I'm sure you and your family will love it, it is very family friendly and very safe.
LinH
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Postby Sunseaker » March 14th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Not much to do in Binibuequer, great small safe beach, and have a walk along to Binibuequer Vell, looks like and old fishing village with very narrow streets, great for the little one to run about getting lost from the parents :lol: although it was only built in the 70's, we also love Punta Prima, but please keep and eye on the red cross flags for conditions in the sea, when it's a bit rough there can be some very strong undercurrents, have a great holiday :grin:
I only let him think he's in charge.
Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby flowerpetal123 » March 15th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Hi thanks for info, unfortunately the villa we wanted got booked the following day, gutted as it was lovely so our search began again ! We are limited to when we can go but found one in calen porter and have booked to avoid dissapoitment!! Hope we've done right, everything seems to be within walking distance although I'm now reading about hills and steps to beach :(.
flowerpetal123
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Postby Sunseaker » March 15th, 2012, 3:20 pm

At least you will be fit after all the steps, but there is plenty to do in Cala en Porter, and Sa Piessa have great tribute bands on, although the drinks are expensive, but you will have a great holiday I am sure :razz:
I only let him think he's in charge.
Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Board index

Return to Punta Prima area.